February Beauty Subscription Box Reviews
Today I’m doing my February Beauty Subscription Box Reviews. Since I do get a few of them, it does take me some time to try and use the products enough to give a fair review.
The boxes I’m covering this month are Glossybox, The Allure Beauty Box, Ricky’s NYC Cult Crushes, and Medusa’s Makeup.
(disclosure: This post contains a couple of referral links. They will have (*Referral) after them to let you know which ones they are. If you sign up with them, you will get your own referral link too. There are no affiliate links in this post)
I was pretty impressed with this month’s box. It had full sizes of some of the products,
- The Estee Edit Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack
- Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat
- Jeanne Arthes L’Eau De Rose
- Schwarzkopf Professional Smooth Perfect Smoothing Cream
- Nutra Luxe MD Retro Brow – Prime and Extend Duo
- It’s a really nice moisturizer and hydrates really well. I love that it’s water-based for that very reason. It smells amazing, as peonies usually do, and makes skin look amazing. I could really tell it was getting the hydration it needed. Cost: $50.00
- I liked this a lot. My nails felt strong and looked shiny and healthy. One application lasted a long time and my nails stayed strong the whole time. More applications only succeeded in amplifying those effects. I’m really impressed with this because usually when I try nail strengtheners, they never live up to the claims, or at least they don’t for me. But this one did. I love it and highly recommend it. Cost: $30.00
- Smells beautiful, like pure rose. It’s strong but not too overpowering when applied lightly. I wouldn’t go too heavy on it because then it could become a little strong. But overall it’s an elegant and feminine fragrance which is exactly the type that I like. Cost: $26.00
- This was ok. I liked it and I did think it did its job, but it was nothing special. I think it would benefit those with frizzier, harder to control hair. It’s good to smooth hair and keep it from getting too unruly. Cost: $13.00-15.00
- Did not like this. It did absolutely nothing for my brows and made them look awful. I had to do a lot of fixing up after I applied it.
Bottom Line: I liked this month. Even though I didn’t care for a couple of things, overall it was a good box.
I give it a B
Subscribe to Glossybox $21.00 per month (billed monthly) (*referral)
Other plans include a 3-month plan for $19.50 per month, a 6-month plan for $18.50 per month, and a 12-month plan for $17.50 per month. Just be aware that these are billed and paid the total amount of the plan you choose in a one-time payment. So for 3 months, it would cost $58.50 (3 months at $19.50 per month), for 6 months it would cost $111.00 (6 months at $18.50 per month) and for 12 months it would be $210.00 (12 months at $17.50 per month)
Ricky’s NYC Cult Crushes and the Allure Beauty Box
I have to do these two together because I posted this picture on Instagram and then accidentally deleted the individual photos.
Allure Beauty Box:
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads
- Cargo Colorstick in the shade ‘Champagne’
- Grande Lips Hydrating Lip Plumper
- Beautycounter Lengthening Mascara
- Red Flower Moroccan Rose Candle
- Olay Pro-Retinol Eye Treatment
- Love love love these!
- A gorgeous shade, easy to use, it’s just an all around fantastic product.
- It didn’t plump my lips at all but it didn’t bother me because I’m not into the big lips look, but for someone who does want that, I don’t know how well this would work for you since it did nothing for me. I ended up using it as a lip balm because it was hydrating and smelled nice. It wasn’t a bad product, it just didn’t measure up to its claims, in my experience.
- I’m obsessed with this mascara. It’s literally everything I love. The skinny wand, lengthening,
- This smelled nice but it was a bit strong. I didn’t use it and I didn’t care for getting a non-beauty product in a beauty box.
- I liked this a lot. Retinol is a great ingredient so I was glad that it had that. It did a good job and I may repurchase this.
Bottom Line: I didn’t like getting a candle, but I really liked everything else in the box. The First Aid Beauty pads were amazing, so was the mascara and the Cargo Colorstick.
I give it B+
Subscribe to the Allure Beauty Box $15.00 per month (*referral)
- Nugg Soothing Face Mask
- Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cream
- Phytocitrus Hair Mask
- RickyCare No-Crease Bow Clips
- I didn’t like this. I think it was more about me than the actual product or brand. It wasn’t right for my skin type, but I it would be great for those with dry and/or sensitive skin. The smell was fine but for some reason, I just didn’t like it and it made me a little nauseous
- This is a good face cream but I’ve had it once before and for me personally, it wasn’t anything to rave about. I ended up giving it away.
- I loved this. It left my lips soft and hydrated. I recommend this product for everyone, no matter your lip type. However, if you do have dry lips, this will work wonders.
- A decent hair mask. It did what it said it would and I enjoyed using it. If you’re looking for a hair mask, this is a pretty good one to try.
- At first, I was a little disappointed in getting hair clips, but now I’m so glad I did. I use these constantly. They do a great job keeping my hair up when I’m getting ready and tons of other times. They’re super cute and work really well.
Bottom Line: I didn’t LOVE this box, but I did like it. A couple of things were just huge misses for me, but there were some hits as well. Not my favorite box so far but I’m working on the March box right now and it’s going well so far.
I give it a B+
Subscribe to Ricky’s NYC Cult Crushes $11.00 per month
Medusa’s Makeup Monthly Vegan Beauty Box
- Kabuki Brush
- Moonlight Highlighter
- Eye Dust in ‘New Wave’
A great Kabuki brush. I use it to blend in bronzer and it works really well.
I LOVE this highlighter. It gives a beautiful glow with the perfect amount of sparkle. It works with every makeup look, no matter what color blush, eyeshadow, or lipstick.
The Eye Dusts are very pigmented and work really well. I was a little apprehensive about this shade but I loved the way it came out when I used it in this look (along with the Moonlight highlighter):
Bottom Line: I loved every product in this box. I do wish there was one more product but the total amount of everything was fairly high for what the box costs so it is a great deal. I recommend this monthly box and Medusa’s Make-up period. They’re an amazing brand, and they’re vegan which is great as well.
I give it an A
Subscribe to Medusa’s Makeup Vegan Beauty Box $15.95 per month
So those were my February Beauty Subscription Box Reviews! I’m already well into testing out March’s products! These reviews will be out at the end of each month because it takes me quite a while to get to all of the different products and form a full opinion on them.
Do you subscribe to any of these Beauty Boxes? What did you think of your February box?
Are there any other beauty subscription services you like? Leave a comment and let me know!
Please like and share!
And don’t forget to subscribe by email so you never miss a post!
These all help so much with the growth of this blog and would be so appreciated! Thank you!